Senior Manager of Tax Services
People > Numbers
Accountfully is your fully outsourced accounting department. We do the day-to-day work of professional accountants and bookkeepers while serving as a long-term strategic partner to help our clients navigate complex financial challenges and opportunities.
All Accountfully team members are expected to be technologically savvy, learn new things quickly, adaptable and flexible, detail-oriented, organized, natural multi-taskers, and personable.
What we’re looking for in a Sr. Manager of Tax Services:
We are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our clients personal and business tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
The Sr. Manager of Tax Services will ensure compliance with state and federal tax law, proactive and timely communication both internally and externally, and ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
Our future Sr. Manager of Tax Services will have skills and experience in these areas:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare federal and state income tax returns and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop the overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage and mentor members of the tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- Collaborate with and educate non-tax focused team members.
- Quarterly Tax Planning
Our future Sr. Manager of Tax Services will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, economics, and/or finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred
- 8-10 years of related experience, clients services and small business experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Intuit Proseries and Quickbooks Online is a plus.
Accountfully benefits include; medical, dental vision coverage, short term disability insurance, retirement plan with a company match, flexible vacation policy, and a casual environment that lets you work independently. If you have these skills and want to work with a team that believes in a healthy work life balance while serving a talented community of entrepreneurs and creatives, then this position may be a great fit for you!